So I know what you might be thinking: Chicken and Apples? Together? For Breakfast? Is that acceptable? I am here to tell you that it is totally acceptable, and dare I say: delicious
Every year my family goes apple picking at Masker Orchard’s. It’s a beautiful farm in upstate New York, a few miles away from Warwick.
While taking photos with the apples and picking them off of trees is always fun– we always end up with more apples than we know what to do with…. Apple orchards should really make an option where people can take photos, but leave the apples there to accommodate non fruit eating families like mine.
Anyways I made an exciting creation—here are all of my safe foods wrapped up into one little breakfast bite. (And they actually taste GOOD… even Oreo liked them!)
- 1 Package of Ground Chicken
- 2/3 cup of diced apple (Any type!)
- 3 Slices of Uncured Bacon
- 1/2 a cup of shredded Sweet Potato
- 1/4 cup of Spinach
- 2 TBS of Olive Oil
- 3 TBS of Coconut Flour
- 1/3 TBS of Rosemary
- 1 TBS of Salt
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Peel and dice the apple, and measure it to 2/3 of a cup
- Put the diced apple and dash of cinnamon in a small saucepan with 1 TBS of Olive Oil. Heat on medium-low heat until the apple chunks are soft. Put aside and let cool while preparing other ingredients.
- Cook the three slices of bacon on the stove. (If you are a bacon lover, feel free to add more!)
- Peel and shred the sweet potato using a cheese grater. Measure 1/2 a cup
- Cut up the 1/4 cup of spinach into tiny shreds.
- Once the bacon has cooled, cut the 3 slices of bacon into tiny pieces
- Mix the package of ground chicken, 1/2 cup diced cooked apple, 3 slices of bacon (diced), 1/2 cup of shredded sweet potato, 1/2 cup of diced spinach, 1 tbs of olive oil, 3 tbs of coconut flour, 1/3 tbs of rosemary and 1 tbs of salt in a large bowl
- Roll into tiny golf-sized balls, and slightly flatten. Spread on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through– until completely cooked through and tops of chicken balls have lightly browned.
* Eat fresh or store in the refrigerator for 5-7 days* They freeze well and can be stored in the freezer for up to three months, just heat in the oven to enjoy!